Event and Marketing Specialist
We are looking for an outgoing, optimistic, high energy person to market and grow our event business. Must be able, willing and excited to attend networking events, leads groups and deliver information to businesses and venues all around Central Florida.
This position is full time.
Reports to: Owner/Director
Summary of Position:
New business development and growth. Work with clients to plan events and create catering/event proposals. Handle administrative duties as required by the Owner, assist in the daily functions of the office and catering operations.
- High school diploma required, degree in hospitality, business or marketing preferred.
- Knowledgeable in the food and beverage industry involving banquets and events.
- Must be motivated, self-starter, highly organized and detail oriented.
- Have excellent people skills, be articulate, a good listener, and have a positive attitude.
- Possess networking and client relation skills.
- Ability to think and act quickly to find alternative solutions to immediate problems.
- Able to communicate and understand the English language.
- Ability to multi-task and complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner within a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in computer skills, experience in catering program a plus.
- Possess a valid Florida driver license and have a vehicle.
- Be available to work nights and weekends as necessary.
Sales & Office Tasks:
- Marketing within the community by doing venue visits, client visits, and door to door marketing.
- Assist in marketing efforts through social media campaigns
- Attend chamber and networking events regularly.
- Assist with scheduling and setting up consultations.
- Perform word processing, typing, e-mailing, and data-entry,
- Input and distribution of catering orders.
- Establish rapport with clients.
- Answer incoming phone calls and forward to the appropriate person.
- Catering Event callbacks and follow-ups.
- Create contracts and proposals for clients and partners
- Do invoicing for deposits and payment correspondence to clients.
- Ensure the sales and marketing filing systems are maintained.
- Participate in scheduled BEO and staff meetings.
- Perform other general office duties and assist with special projects.